9/23/09

Who's ready for Yom Kippur?

I would've loved to attend the storytelling and special-menu Rosh Hashanah dinner at all-vegan Sacred Chow on Saturday, but it conflicted with my family's celebration. I was elated when I stopped by Sacred Chow for lunch today and saw that the restaurant was still serving Rosh Hashanah specials. I enjoyed both the Kasha & Leek Beggar's Purse and White Pizza Rustica With Housemade Brisket Sausage. Other specials included House-Made Challah, Roasted Yams & Sauteed Leeks With Pomegranate Seeds, Tzimmes Cassoulet, Roasted Beet Hummus, Blintzes With White Chocolate Cream Cheese & Wild-Berry Sauce, and Cactus Pears With a Orange-Date Agave Dip.

Typing that last sentence made me hungry. Who's ready for a Sacred Chow break-the-fast feast on Yom Kippur?

http://heebnvegan.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Rhea Parsons said...

The Rosh Hashanah dinner was so incredible that I would gladly celebrate every holiday at Sacred Chow...and the days in between too!