10/27/09

come 2 my door.

i am laying next 2 my little sleeping boy, he's 7. just finished reading a horrific article in the ny times about kids that r thrown out of their homes, and in order 2 survive they must sell their bodies 2 eat and obtain shelter. such a fierce disconnect, the mechanism that creates new life but lets the child go out in2 a world unprotected. i kiss my boy's face, the bridge of his nose, his forehead, his arm, i sweep my hand through his hair. that could never happen here. i want 2 hug every child on the street and invite them in2 my home 4 shelter. i want 2 put my hands on their shoulders, and whisper soft words of comfort and safety. my heart feels unbearably sad that their moms and dads didnt hold them tight, love them, sweep their hand through their hair. i open my doors of safety, love and hope. come through these doors, eat, rest, sleep, close ur eyes, feed ur bellies, that wont happen here. come in2 my embrace, i will protect u, shelter u, feed u. come 2 my door. u r beautiful my child, u r safe here. so many children in so many cities, in so many countries - in such despair. come 2 my door my child, that wont happen here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to cry first thing in the morning but i weep for the children all over he world who must do the unthinkable to eat, to have a place to rest. The weary will keep the doors open to the innocent we must keep all the doors open far and wide and spread the news to all we meet please give the smallest of all a chance a place to rest, a cup of clean water a book to read, good food to eat, a home, a helping hand we must not close our eyes but open our hearts to those who need the simple things this is a necessity we must not and will not ignore.....