12/17/09

Hanukkah dinner!



12.16.2009
Chag Urim Sameach!
Hanukkah in Jew York is quite the phenomenon. Even though it's finals time and I can't make my social life a number-one priority this week, I will have eaten latkes on three separate occasions by the end of the eight-day holiday. On Saturday night alone, I missed out on a holiday celebration with extended family, a friend's vegan Hanukkah potluck, another friend's vegan Hanukkah dinner, a Hanukkah party, a Hanukkah, and a dreidel-spinning competition.

Last night, I joined the NYC Jewish Veg*n MeetUp group for a Hanukkah dinner at Sacred Chow. For just $30 (including tax and tip), I got mushroom-barley soup (delicious!), challah (much better than mine), seitan brisket (perfect for the occasion), latkes (baked, not fried!), and a jelly roll (quite possibly the best vegan dessert I've ever had).

posted by heebnvegan @ 12/16/2009

No comments: