6/14/09

favorite vegan brunch spot

Daily Eats ~ June 13th

I went to my favorite vegan brunch spot in the city, and that is Sacred Chow. They are on one of my favorite streets in Manhattan, Sullivan St. I love it because it's such a quiet, residential block in Greenwich Village. Also, Peanut Butter & Co. is right across the street! How awesome is that?!

The door at Sacred Chow.

Inside it's a lovely, tranquil setting... notice the pretty grape lights! :)
I have a special love for Sacred Chow. Yes, it's small. But I love this place. I guess I feel a special connection to it, because it was the first restaurant I felt comfortable in as an anorexic (and at that point, nearly ALL restaurants scared me).
For brunch I had their amazing banana bread french toast. It's basically a big hunk of banana bread with blueberry sauce on top! Now here's the kicker-- one of the only fruits I don't like are bananas! Yet I love this banana bread for some reason. I just pick the few banana pieces off the top. This is super filling too and loaded with good-for-you stuff! (I can never finish all of it, and all I had was a glass of OJ earlier.)

http://aveggiegirl.blogspot.com/2009/06/daily-eats-june-13th.html

No comments: