6/4/09

reveries, 9/11 pain.

Dresden Rising.

Hates flame, destruction,
steel & skin, melt, both colossal.
Ascension into the mouth of creation,
elements reintegrating.
9/13/2001, nyc.


new York.

Oh my York of York: will you ever be new?
can you ever feel safe? Be new, be new,
do not seed hates growth, be kind,
and be new, be new, be new my new York.
9/13/2001, nyc.
cp moore

little new one.

Oh little York or Huxley or Aurelius growing in mommy's belly -
I saw you dance at 8 weeks and 4/5 days, I saw
you wiggle your fingers and toes when you were
10 weeks, you are fire in water, a magician!
Oh my little new one, we will build a house of hope.
9/13/2001, nyc.
cp moore

Collective Gasp.

On 6th Ave and Waverly, down they tumbled,
together we watched the towers of mighty, how small
we were next their grandeur one moment,
how small we are.
Humbled, together, crushed - a pancake of hatred,
not sweet.
No doubt, we are in this together,
we are, even sons with knives.
9/14/2001 @ 11:13am , 9/16/2001 @ 8:08pm, 9/17/2001@ 7:05pm, nyc.
cp moore


(i.l.u.!)

dear life, the only thing I can control is me,
human form for just a moment, I see - violence erupts instinctively;
hurricanes, earthquakes, destruction's gate, there is a simple way from
human hate.
(i love u!)
9/14/2001, @ 11:38am, nyc.
cp moore

Self.

i met him as a child and i grew into a man,
my rage rumbled outward, it developed a plan,
it was this one or that one, with shouts of g-d damn;
delicate by nature, so angry the man.
9/14/2001. @ 12:24 pm, nyc.
cp moore

Molecules.

Eternity we are, forever we’ll be,
from within and without – electrons simply.
An energy rippling into the sky,
a miracle, a wonder, a part of
g-d’s eye. Teardrops from memories,
nostalgia we knew, this burnings connected,
eternity renewed.
9/14/2001 @ 12:52pm, 9/17/2001 @7:32pm, nyc.
cp moore

A Simple Prayer.

rich, pure love, dignity;
quiet, reach inward and summon -
the power of all creation, the complex miracle of being,
and practice: human kindness.
9/14/2001 @ 1:12pm , 9/16/2001@ 6:54pm, 9/17/2001 @ 7:45pm, nyc.
cp moore

The Devil’s Cigar.

Thunderous rivers of billowing smoke,
alone with the night, my throat and I choke.
I wonder, I wonder and really I pray,
I sit and I ponder, away and away -
a child, a father, a mother, a land, wherever i go,
it’s Destiny’s plan. A decision, a way, of how not to be:
I’ll travel the road, my own history.
The Lesson before me is simple and clear,
kindness I honor, and all I revere.
9/16/2001 @9:13pm, nyc
cp moore

Sound & Sight.

To everyone, everywhere, N.Y.C.: BIG, LOUD!
It's quiet now: just church bells & sirens;
the police officers and firemen: they're not the same.
It's a small town with ghost streets,
you can hear the "open" neon signs hum.
After 10PM, at Spring and Houston, Mister Softee is serving a large crowd;
transfixed on the new amusement park.
9/17/2001 @ 9:44pm, nyc.
cp moore

Acrid Rain.

i want them to be found,
uncovered with cheer,
i see them and hear them,
3,000 clear. they’re inside a big box
of metal I’m sure, protected
and waiting, extremely secure .

a blue day so quiet with birds
in the sky, I walk like a zombie,
one death defied. i stop and i tremble with
others that pray, our teardrops fall gently
near pictures they lay.

it’s gloomy and wet, unlike yesterday,
the smoke that’s been
rising is hidden away.

a new moment i cherish, a game that i play,
i say over and over, they’re not far away.
they’re inside this big box, sealed tight and quite safe,
i know it and feel it, but then i awake.
a smell that is drifting, a seared odor from then,
it’s september 11th all over again.
September 20, 2001 @ 6:54 pm, nyc.
cp moore.

The Smoking Rubble.

On Thursday, it was cloudy,
a foggy downtown, the smoking rubble waits.

Connected.

Everyone on the street,
Everyone in Times Square, in China, in Baghdad,
Everyone everywhere.
Every motion that we make,
Every image that we see,
Every feeling that we feel for every life & every tree.
Everything that we know,
Everything that we don’t, from the stars in the sky to the plans for you & i.
Every life that will be,
Every life that will not,
Everything is connected by molecular dots.

No comments: