5/28/09

INCREDIBLE! SCRUMPTIOUS! DELICIOUS! SO GOOD

Review by turtledog on May 26, 2009:
Personally, I don't understand all the mixed feelings about Sacred Chow. I think the place is INCREDIBLE! My co-workers and I always have an "end of the semester" lunch but unlike other years, I'm now vegan which presented a "where can we go" issue since there are no vegan places in Tribeca where we work. They, all ominivores, agreed to meet at Sacred Chow which I had always wanted to try. Between us, we ordered 9 different tapas (Korean tofu cutlets, blackstrap molasses seitan, avocado hummus, Mama's meatballs, lentil pate, collard greens, veggie pancakes, soba noodles, and a vegetable medley). They were all delicious! We also ordered heroes - I had the black olive seitan - SCRUMPTIOUS! My husband ordered a power bowl - greens, soba noodles, BBQ seitan, caramelized onions - a huge portion of food and DELICIOUS!We also ordered desserts - muffins, scones, pastries, and a sundae that was in a giant pilsner glass with blueberry sauce, ice cream, chocolate, sprinkles - coffees and juices. Everything was SO GOOD, everyone kept remarking how surprised they were at just how good vegan food is!! The decor is adorable. Sure it's not a big place but it's not as cramped as people made it sound. We were a party of 6, there were many other customers and it was never filled or too crowded. The atmosphere is cozy, intimate and feels like a Tuscan villa with the lighted grapes strung across the ceiling. Even the bathroom is adorable with a white board for messages. Our server was so sweet with the patience of a saint (we get a bit loony after final exams). We couldn't have asked for a better time. We six people ate a ton of food - tapas, entrees and dessert - and it was still less than about $25 per person. My husband and I can't wait to go back again but more importantly, my omnivore co-workers want to return as well.
http://supervegan.com/r.php?id=46

No comments: