7/24/08

and it was excellent!

Pierce S. on Sacred Chow (Sun. Jul 20th)

Had Sacred Chow near Washington Square Park for lunch today and it was excellent! Not a huge frequenter of vegan joints in my life, but it is always a pleasure to be able to go to one and have to eat something really healthy and really great with one of my vegan friends. I enjoyed the hummus and mixed greens hero today. The bread was hot and tasted very fresh. Likewise, the sandwich was excellently combined with a slaw, and the pickles were done well too. It all went exceedingly perfect with the Sierra Nevada that I had (not a big fan of the Rare that I was offered initially). My friend had a vegan meatball sub that looked great also, and I would probably get it next time I go. (Although, I tend to prefer the real thing.) The collard greens that we had on the side were also very nicely steamed and we ere equally flavorful. The decor in this place is really nice, understated yet artsy, and very friendly. The waitress was very friendly, not to mention darlingly cute :). If you are reading this can we have a date? I want to come back to Sacred Chow to try again some of their very fresh and reasonably priced foods. Their brunch looks phenomenal too!

No comments: