3/13/08

Fast paced, but enjoyable shift.

I got in at the usual time, after having stopped at McDougall Street for a quickie falafel hit, and sat at the computer to check emails, and respond to the backlog of stuff that I had to respond to. Cliff gave me a buzz, and let me know that since it's his birthday today (happy birthday, boss man!), he'd be playing hooky today. No worries, though. If Boss Man is getting some sleep, it'll be that much the better when he comes back in, so that he's not so sapped of energy. I like it when he comes in all well rested. It's just unfortunate that he doesn't take off two consecutive days ever. I'll work on that.

Things actually went a lot more smoothly than I had any reason to expect them to. We cranked out the food for the customers, and cooked the stuff we'd been running low out at the same time, while still not feeling pressured or tired. I also got a chance to check the stats for our site, and it looks like we've actually got people reading. Who knew? I think that encouraged Cliff to start posting a bit more, as you can probably see from the previous posts. When he posts more, people read more, and the whole wonderful cycle continues on as we keep searching for ways to grow this.

P.S. I made a DIVINE walnut hummos that's creamy, light, and tastes a lot richer than it actually is.

No comments: