3/24/10

new yelp review.

3/14/2010

Awesome food at a good price. Chow has a nice mix of "vegetable vegan" dishes (i.e. Candle Café farmers' market menu) and "faux meat vegan" dishes (i.e. Red Bamboo comfort food).

The place is pretty tiny and filled up even for lunch on a Tuesday when I went. They have a decent selection of booze for a small place, the food is organic and local whenever possible, and dishes are labeled as gluten-free, sugar-free, etc. As others have yelped, it appeared there was only one server who might have been a bit overworked, but she was fine for our lunch. Check out all the cool lamps they have hanging.

I took Ariela R.'s advice and got the Baby Root Veg Latkes w Date Paste, which were phenomenal. Kudos to Ariela R. My superfreak lunch buddy got the Reuben - an unadventurous order, I thought, but it turned out to be one of the best vegan sandwiches I've tasted. Kudos to superfreak. The sunflower pate was excellent as well. All the food far surpassed my expectations given the prices. (Three tapas plates costs $15 and is more than enough food. Sandwiches are $10 and BIG.) I will definitely go back.

No comments: