3/31/10

Alicia Silverstone!

For those of you who missed it, I wanted to share this clip of my visit to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. I first met Jimmy years ago when I was in my last Broadway play, and it was so nice to see him again. He is so cute and nice!

I brought a bunch of yummy vegan food on the show for him to try. We had the Master Cleanse Martini from Pure Food and Wine, the Reuben from Sacred Chow, the Seitan Picatta from Candle 79, the Mallomar Bar from One Lucky Duck, and the Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bliss from Candle 79. It was all so good! Jimmy seemed to really like all of it too... Which I had no doubt that he would, it’s all so delicious. We had also ordered from Candle CafĂ© earlier in the day for lunch before the show, and that was great too... It was clean, superhero food.

I had a great time on Jimmy’s show... He was so nice, so cute, and so supportive of my book. Mark, the producer on the show, was really great too.



Let me know what you think of the clip!

But... he did this lame ‘hot dog toss’ segment a few segments before mine. I just don’t understand how throwing food is funny. Especially when the food that they are throwing was once a living creature who truly wanted to live, and felt great suffering during it’s short life, and incredible torture in its death. It’s careless... Especially when there are people going hungry all over the world.



I asked Mark, the producer on the show, to consider using tofu dogs next time they need to throw meat around. So fingers crossed they will at least think about it... But who knows. Jimmy’s show isn’t the only one who does that kinda thing. Many late night shows have bits where they play these weird meat games.

The good news is that Mark the producer said that they would feed the hot dogs that they used in the show to a dog. Although, that would not be healthy for the dog either, but I’m assuming that the dog eats nasty foods already, so at least those hot dogs that they threw wouldn’t go to waste.




Maybe we can stop these food games! If you click here, you can send a message to NBC, and ask them to stop airing segments where food, especially meat, is thrown around and wasted for entertainment. And if you’re with me, post a link to this blog on your facebook or twitter to spread the word! The more voices are heard, the more likely it is that this waste of food will be stopped.

But... Jimmy was great.

No comments: