11/17/08

from NYU students to Lubavitchers from Brooklyn, it's a great scene.

Matt B.
New York, NY
4 star rating
11/16/2008
Usually the words "Kosher" and "Health Food" don't excite me, most definitely not together in the same sentence, the first word being synonymous with bubbe and the latter with flavorless bleh. Sacred Chow, though, surely did surpass all the expectations I had for it. It's tucked away on a nice block and is quite discreet. The interior has a bohemian feel to it, with an old red brick wall, a sparse amount of tables, minimal noise, and the right amount of lighting all make it a good date place. The "meatball" hero was delicious, and the hummus of the day had some great flavor. My vegan friend had some kind of grilled tofu which she raved about, complementing me on finding the place. I don't want to leave out the sweet deal beer selection, complete with Magic Hat brews, a significant plus. The wines weren't kosher though, even though I'm told this is to change soon (if it hasn't already). What I liked the most however about this spot is the mix of people dining here, a nice mix of people from all over the spectrum, from NYU students to Lubavitchers from Brooklyn, it's a great scene.
Sacred Chow: Wub

No comments: