8/3/08

personal geeky things

Thursday, 3 July 2008 work in progress This blog was made, mainly, because Apryl and I thought that the idea of doing a joint blog over the summer would be a rad way to document our summers apart, and because of my lack of technological knowledge and pure laziness. I did not have a personal blog so had to create one for that plan to take effect. Then the idea of using this personal blog as a documentation of my own summer for family/friends to read about seemed easier than sending numerous emails. So here is this blog! On the 23.06.08, I flew to New York where I did tourist things such as Times Square, which was hit the first night. I went with the only other English girl that was on the same flight with me, and we're doing the "bunac" 'thing' together, so it felt right. The next day and next tourist spot was spent meeting up with other "bunac" folks, a canadian girl and her brother. We went to the zoo to see the polar bears in central park. It didn't really feel like a zoo, technically it only houses about 6 animals but still polar bears and red pandas are pretty sweet. The night was spent doing personal geeky things alone such as spending too much money in generation records and eating amazing vegan food at sacred chow, all in the Greenwich Village which is a visual delight for so many reasons.

No comments: