9/2/08

the menu is all hippy and cool.

Day 52 [NYC] Yummy Munch Crunch

NEW YORK, the capital of the world, the crossroads of the universe, is also the mecca of all sorts of cuisines. New York is so packed with food, it is named after a wonderful fruit, the Big Apple (that's a joke, in case you do not get it). I definitely gained quite a few pounds during my stay here, and you cannot blame me because there are so much to eat and taste. I am a vegetarian and I am already spoiled for choices, imagine if I'm not? One of the interesting places I dined in is the Sacred Chow near the Washington Park. This vegan bistro is so cute, the logo is a meditating cow, and the menu is all hippy and cool. The place offers healthy delicious food with no meats, and mostly gluten free. Their specialties are small tapas appetizers that you can order in multiples to make up a meal. I ordered three of them, the hummus of the day, grilled western tofu and tofu spa salad. My favorite would be the hummus, partly because I loved its crunchy crostinis. They also have all kinds of lactose free desserts and organic beer if you want. If you think New York is unhealthy fast food nation, think again. It might be crowded with all sorts of fast food stores, but there are healthy options too.
To tell you the truth, I don't mind gaining some weight for trying all this fantastic food. Good food does not come easily, you'll have to cherish what you have when you have it.
You can leave comment to this collection

frankiegan at WRETCH at 11:09 PM post Comment(1) Trackback(0)
August 26, 2008


No comments: